Portland, OR, 97266
Joined on November, 2014
Weekdays after 9AM
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
Education- School: Reed College
- Major: Philosophy
- Degree: BA (in May 2017)
- Cumulative GPA: 3.3 (average GPA at Reed is 3.0)
- GPA within major: 4.0
- Year: Sophomore
Experience- From June 2012 to April 2013, I tutored peers of varying academic abilities everyday in near every discipline (U.S. History, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Economics, U.S. Government).
- ACT composite: 33
- SAT critical reading: 740
- SAT math: 720
- SAT writing: 780
- My desire to tutor comes from two sources: one is simply to assist another human being; the other is to beget a net increase in the hunger for (or at least accruement of) knowledge.
- The most recent classes I have been enrolled in at Reed include the following: Philosophy of Mind; Modern European Humanities; Philosophical Topics; Logic; Introduction to Psychology I & II; Western Humanities: Greece and Rome; Introduction to Economic Analysis; Calculus (theory and proof); and Introduction to Real and Complex Analysis.
- Presently, I am a member of my school's Philosophical Society, which hosts lectures and discussions about various philosophical problems, such as interpretive ambiguities in Hegel and Heidegger, or the nature of Aristotle's account of causation and a "Prime Mover."
- Also presently, I am a member of a theater group at my school, the Humanities Players. I am a writer and director for the play this upcoming Spring, which is an annual production in which we lampoon the writers of Greek and Roman (and Egyptian and Mesopotamian!) antiquity, such as Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Euripides, Sophocles, Herodotus, Thucydides, Aristophanes, the Pre-Socratic philosophers, Ovid, and Augustus Caesar.
HobbiesThe three "extracurricular" activities that have and continue to keep me sane: acting; writing fiction and plays; and noodling around on the guitar. Without these outlets, these opportunities to create, I am not sure I would have graduated high school.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.